As a nation we have the highest rates of obesity, diet-induced disability, and disease in the world. Billions of dollars are spent annually to insure that you are confronted with 200+ food decisions daily and are thereby brought to buy what the food industry peddles, well over 50 percent of which serves to diminish health. More than 4000 diseases today are diet induced. If evil men will not stop seeking to get gain and power over us through deeds that addict and diminish us, then how can we cure diminished health for self and others? Consider the seven promises of health by the Lord and the his seven counsels that were given that we might lay hold upon his promises.
- Health in the Navel - Health in the navel is symbolic of both giving and receiving of physical nourishment. It is also a reminder of God's covenant promise to "Repentant Israel," that food and clothing will never depart from their homes. Health in the navel is also symbolic of the covenant promise of bearing and raising up a righteous posterity unto the Lord forever and ever. It is also symbolic of the total dependence an infant has upon receiving nourishment from its' mother, which is a type and shadow of the far greater spiritual promise of God's umbilical nourishing connection that he covenants will not depart from us as he enables us to grow from grace to grace even unto become his heirs, conditioned only upon our keeping our sacred covenants with him to repent of our sins, to become as little children who are easily led by him, to remember him always, to keep his commandments, and to obey his will in all things. His promise to us is similar to the promise he gave to the mustard seed. Although it is the smallest of seeds unto near nothingness, God will provide all things the seed needs to grow into a great tree, and so too is the spiritual promise to us that through the metaphoric umbilical connection to us the tree of life will grow up in us.
- Marrow in the Bones - Marrow is a source of ever-renewing health, strength, and protection (builds the immune system, produces red blood cells, etc.) from threats to our bodies. It is a type and shadow of a far greater spiritual promise. Just as renewing and protecting strength of marrow is centered in the innermost part of the body, so too, as our mortal tabernacles become fit dwelling places wherein the Holy Ghost can abide, our spiritual strength is continually renewed and we are protected from the powers of darkness as we walk in the straight and narrow path of redemption.
- You Shall Find Wisdom - The obedient to God’s counsels receive the baptism of fire and the Holy Ghost, who is our source of all wisdom. The obedient will counsel together in wisdom, and their counsels will stand and will not fail (covenant blessing). By comparison, all who fail to walk in obedience will not retain the companionship of the Holy Ghost. These too will counsel together, but their counsels will lack sufficient wisdom. All such counsels shall not stand, but will fail. Unrepentant Israel will not prevail over its’ enemies but will be driven, scattered, smitten, and led into captivity, or will be destroyed (covenant curses to the disobedient).
- You Shall Find Great Treasures of Knowledge, even Hidden Treasures - While this is a promise that you will receive knowledge that will assist you in your vocation or walk in life, a study of Ether Chapter 4 leads to a more perfect understanding of the knowledge this is referring to. As we act in obedience to God, we are led to grow in knowledge of his ways with man, which are unchanging from generation to generation. Scripture refers to such knowledge as redeeming knowledge. It enables us to overcome all that we disbelieve that is true and all that we believe to be true that is false (unbeliefs), and as we rend our veil of "unbelief" through God’s Spirit we are brought to behold great and marvelous things which otherwise remain “hidden” to us. Behind the wall of every false tradition or unbelief is a reservoir of great, marvelous, and hidden knowledge awaiting us that can only be revealed to us as we let go of and overcome our unbeliefs. As our bodies are made fit tabernacles wherein the spirit can dwell we are lead to overcome our every "unbelief" and to thereby find great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures that presently remain hidden behind our veils of unbelief.
- You Shall Run and not be Weary - This physical blessing is also a type of a far greater spiritual blessing; repentant Israel will receive the quickening power and influence of the Holy Ghost to enable them to do all things they are called upon to do by the Lord, without becoming weary of mind, heart, or body. Thus, as they seek to magnify that which they are called upon to do, they are brought to lay claim upon the promised blessing of having both body and spirit renewed continually.
- You Shall Walk and not Faint - While this too is a literal physical promise, it is also a promise that whosoever will do the Lord’s will may ask and receive whatsoever is needed to accomplish that which they are commanded to do, including material blessings, assistance, power, and so forth (see mustard seed in Doctrine one of A Tabernacle of God). This promise assures us that as we earnestly strive to fulfill all we are commanded to do, and as we ask for that which we need to accomplish that thing we have been commanded, that we will not grow faint of heart or mind or lose hope and stumble and fall in our journey, because we will receive means, assurance, and all other things needed wherewith we are made able to press forward with faith, hope, and charity unto accomplishing whatsoever the Lord asks us to do.
- The Destroying Angel Shall Pass By You, as the Children of Israel, and not Slay You - The obedient or repentant Israel are protected from sickness and harm; and in the Lord's “Great Day” that has been prophesied since the beginning of the world, repentant in Israel will be protected from the destruction that will befall the wicked when the Lord divides or separates the wicked from the righteous, even if it must needs be by fire that the righteous are preserved. Fire can be literal or is also symbolic of the anti-Christ who will destroy the wicked as covenant Israel remains under covenant protection, thus fulfilling the prophecy that by the wicked are the wicked destroyed.
The great purpose of our creator’s counsels regarding his laws of health is to enable the human body to become a fit tabernacle wherein his Spirit may dwell and whereby you may have the strength of mind, heart, body, and spirit to more readily act in obedience to him. Only as we come to act in obedience to his Spirit do we receive the redeeming light he would have us receive, which enables us to walk step-by-step back into his eternal presence. He requires that we follow his counsels that both protect and strength our mortal tabernacles, and which also protect our spirits and allow us to walk in heaven's light without being confused by the principalities of darkness.
- Strong Drink:Abstain from strong drink (wine, whiskey, and other alcoholic drinks); these are to be used only for the washing of the body.
- Tobacco: Tobacco is not for the body, neither for the belly, and is not good for man, but is an herb for bruises and all sick cattle, to be used with judgment and skill.
- Hot Drinks: Hot drinks (coffee, black tea, other such drinks) are not for the body or belly.
- Herbs and Fruits: All wholesome herbs God hath ordained for the constitution, nature, and use of man— every herb in the season thereof, and every fruit, whether from the tree or from the vine that yieldeth fruit in the ground or above the ground. And as God has so counseled, science has also demonstrated that herbs and fruits possess the full spectrum of nutrients that are needed (vitamins, minerals, fats, carbohydrates, proteins, micro-nutrients, and antioxidant properties) to most efficiently enable human cells to survive and to thrive. Wholesome herbs and fruits include among others — asparagus, beets, beet greens, Bok choy, broccoli, broccoli rabe, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, chia, chilis (green and red), chicory, collard greens, cucumber, dandelion, endive, flax, garden cress, garlic, hemp, kale, kohlrabi, mustard greens, Napa cabbage, onions, parsley, peppers (sweet and hot), Romaine and all other lettuces, radishes, sesame, snow peas, spinach, string beans, summer squashes (cousa, crookneck, yellow summer, and zucchini), sunflower, Swiss chard, tomatoes, turnips and turnip greens, watercress, winter squashes (see grains and starch staples below), and zucchini. As well as apple, apricot, blackberry, blueberry, cantaloupe, cherry, cranberry, fig, grape, grapefruit, guava, kiwi fruit, kumquat, lemon, lime, mango, melons of all kinds, nectarine, nuts of all kinds, orange, papaya, peach, pineapple, plum, pomegranate, raspberry, rhubarb, strawberry, and tangerines.
- Animals: The Lord ordained beasts that chew their cud and that have a cloven hoof (sheep, goats, cattle, deer, elk, moose, etc); non-predatory fowl (chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, wild game birds, and so forth), and animals in water that have both fins and scales (trout, salmon, and so forth) for the use of man for food, as raiment, and as work partners. However, man’s dominion over animals is bound by conditions. Their flesh is to be used sparingly, and it pleases God if its’ use is limited to times of winter, cold, or famine. Animal proteins readily convert to sugar to fuel metabolism whenever herbs, fruits, and grains are unavailable, such as in times of famine. The bones and cartilage of animals may be used to make healing broths that are rich sources of minerals and other nutrients; and the flesh of animals helps us to maintain body heat in the wintertime and in other times when it is cold. We are not to shun the use of animals for any needful purpose. They were ordained for our use by God. However, we are to treat them with kindness, respect, and love. If we partake of them for food it is to be with gratitude and thanksgiving for the great sacrifice of life given in our behalf. Moreover, we are not to extort (wring, exact, or force) them, such as is rampant in the animal-based food industry today. Rather, it is in a spirit of thanksgiving, gratitude, and love that we are to exercise righteous dominion over animals, wherein we treat them as we would want to be treated. Science demonstrates that it is best to limit animal-based food consumption to 10 percent of total caloric intake (about 200 calories per day - see Original Fast Foods), and to limit use also to wild, or organic and unprocessed fish, meat, fowl, milk, cheese, and egg sources of food. Finally, if it is unneeded, it pleases God when we choose other food sources and spare flesh.
- Grains: All grains (starches) are ordained for the use of man and of beasts, as the staff of life, and to also be used to make mild drinks (barley tea, rejuvelac, and so forth). Healthful grains include amaranth, barley, brown rice, buckwheat, corn, millet, oats, quinoa, rye, spelt, teff, triticale, wheat, and wild rice. Other starches, which also support primary energy needs, include root vegetables such as burdock, celeriac, Jerusalem artichoke, jicama, rutabaga, parsnips, potato, sweet potato, tapioca, taro root, yam, water chestnuts; and winter squashes such as acorn, banana, buttercup, butternut, Hubbard, pumpkin, and turban squashes; and beans such as adzuki, black, fava or broad, garbanzo or chickpeas, great northern, lima, mung, navy, pink, pinto, red and white kidney and cannellini beans; as well as brown, green, and red lentils and black-eyed, split green, yellow, and whole-green peas. Herbs and fruits best supply the full spectrum of vital nutrients needed within the cells. These starches most easily supply the energy potential to fuel all chemical reactions that make up the metabolism of cells. Starches also possess wonderful nutrients and enough fiber to keep the digestive tract flowing smoothly. Use starches to best meet energy needs that are unmet by the consumption of herbs and fruits alone.
- God's Covenant: If you will keep and do the six above sayings, and if you will keep all of God’s other counsels and commandments, then by covenant God, who canst not lie, has promised that you will become the recipient of the preceding seven extraordinary promises.
Laying hold upon great physical and spiritual health increases your ability to receive all that the Father would give to you. Study A Tabernacle of God to better understand the requirements of great spiritual health, and study the book Original Fast Foods to better understand how to best sustain the metabolism of your body (includes meal plans and recipes). As you come to understand the Lord's above counsels and promises, and as you read these recommended books, do so according to the Spirit of truth and take your concerns, doubts, and failures to him in faith knowing that he knows you and your needs perfectly and will give you most liberally the wisdom you need to be made strong where you are presently weak.
Be the first of your friends to "Share, Like, Twitter, or Facebook" this page.