Original Fast Foods

Home of the Food Bowl Solution!

...One is Wisdom and the other is Gratification. Whichever one I feed grows, while the other shrivels. Always, they quarrel, and sometimes one triumphs, but then the tusseling begins again. I know which one is the imposter; I know which one to nurture. But it is so hard! I remind myself of this truth:
My emotional, physical, mental and spiritual power is only as vibrant as the wholeness and life by which it is nourished. If I know the principle to be true, why do I struggle?

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I really liked what Julie Beck said in this last general conference, "Despite popular media messages to the contrary, no one is rich enough, beautiful enough, or clever enough to avoid a mortal experience." I strongly suspect I am not the only one struggling to make changes in my life, and not always with success. It is a process, not a destination! Little at a time, as we feed one wolf and starve the other, it should get easier.
The maintaining of stable blood sugars is one critical key to keeping the gratification wolf at bay; for example, when I enjoy a simple breakfast salad and a grain dish (naturally leavened toast, oatmeal, wheatberry supreme, etc.) I enjoy stable blood sugars for 5 to 6 hours. During this time the gratification wolf never even raises his head. When at lunch I enjoy a large raw veggie platter with wonderful hummus dip and fruit on the side, I enjoy another 5 to 6 hours of stable blood sugars and the gratification wolf makes no appearance. In the evening, after enjoying a large leafy green salad topped with rice, beans, raw veggies, and some fruit, as well as a large portion of steamed veggies (broccoli and cauliflower), both wolves then go to sleep for the night. In the morning I start over. In addition to this simple pattern of eating, I recommend that you read and study Chapter Three of Original Fast Foods; then at the end of the chapter study the 10 principles and consider which ones can help you immediately. As blood sugars drop, the gratification wolf almost always makes an appearance. It's a lot easier to keep him at bay with a sound eating pattern that maintains stable blood sugars for long periods of time. Best!
For myself at the moment, it seems to be working to "graze" a lot. I'm on a weight loss plan, and find it easier to just eat the right stuff off and on all day. For me, the gratification wolf sticks his head up strongly if I try the heavy duty weight loss regimen for very long; my system demands at least some grains and legumes, and those meal plans include more food than I am comfortable eating at one sitting, so I will typically have a grain dish for breakfast, topped with fruit, eat more fruit as snacks, have a large simple salad for lunch, and then snack on fruit and or raw veggies in the afternoon. Dinner is typically a satiating salad and/or one of the wonderful recipes - tonight, it's Oriental Soup, one of my favorites. I am not winning any speed records with my weight loss, but slowly and steadily I have lost about 37 pounds so far, and am very pleased!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Forum

Healthful Drinks

Fun and healthful ways to hydrate.

25 discussions

Raw Food Bowls

Quick and Easy All Raw Dishes

16 discussions

Cooked Food Bowls

Share your favorite cooked food bowl dishes.

18 discussions

Cooked and Raw Bowls

13 discussions

Videos

• Add Videos

Latest Activity

Julia Hockner updated their profile
Sep 28
Profile IconJulia Hockner and Hilary McDaniel joined Original Fast Foods
Sep 26
Profile IconNorma J Centner, Jen C, Dariece H Radford and 1 more joined Original Fast Foods
Sep 20
Norma J Centner shared James Simmons's video on Facebook
Aug 16

Events

© 2021   Created by James Simmons.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service