Counsels and Promises - Click on the preceding link to better understand our creator's counsels and promises regarding our health. Then review the getting started at a glance by clicking here, and finally commit to do each of the seven challenges below each day from today forward. Click on links to view further detail:
- Short-Term Intermittent Fasting: Fully activate fat-burning conditions by drinking water or unsweetened herbal teas alone from the end of an evening meal on one day until the start of an evening meal on the following day. Repeat this pattern at least once per week. End fast with an evening meal of fruit, soup, and a salad.
- Hydration Solutions: Drink at least one ounce of water for every two pounds of body weight daily. Drink water plainly, as fruited water, lemon water, or as a base to herbal teas, healing broths, soups, or added to fresh-pressed fruit and vegetable juices, and/or smoothies. Click link to view a variety of classic hydration solutions. (See more drinks here and here.)
- Fruit: Enjoy sufficient fruit each day to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Greens and Veggies: Enjoy unlimited raw or fermented leafy greens and solid vegetables such as, cauliflower, cucumber, sweet red pepper, carrot sticks, celery, broccoli, cabbage, radish, and so forth with dip, as veggie trays or as a Large Daily Salad. (See salad recipes here and here, and simple, healthful, and enjoyable dressings here.) (See video recipes here.)
- Green Vegetable Dish: Enjoy an Evening Vegetable Dish, soup, stir-fry, or raw veggie dish daily that includes mushrooms, onions, and green veggies of choice (kale, Turnip greens, Collard and Mustard Greens, Watercress, Spinach, Bok Choy, Napa Cabbage, Swiss Chard, and/or solid green vegetables such as artichokes, asparagus, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, Napa cabbage, snow peas, string beans, and zucchini. See these other soups too. Feel free to add green veggies freely to any supe, stir-fry, or other dish. We even enjoy breakfast dishes such as fruited oatmeal as a topping to a bowl of leafy greens, or we add solid green veggies right into the bowl of oatmeal. Be creative and find lots of ways to include more green vegetables daily.
- Starches: Adjust addition and intake of grains, legumes, and starchy vegetables within veggie dips, salads and green vegetable dishes above to your weight-management objectives. If you want to lose weight, add legumes freely as additions to soups, salads, as chilies, stews, and as bases to raw veggie dips. But limit grain and starchy vegetable intake to one cup each per day while losing weight. (See starchy main dish ideas or further lunch and dinner ideas here.) Also, click here to view other slenderizing tips.
- Animal-based Foods: Eliminate or limit to 10 percent of daily caloric intake. If you want to included animal-based foods, use them as complimentary additions to your salads, stir-frys, soups, and grain dishes. Do this rather than using them as main dishes.
Other Food Recommendations: Always fill yourself up on whole, natural and unprocessed foods and avoid white flour, sugar, sweeteners, and processed grains. Limit total intake of overt fats, including cooking and salad oils and animal-based fats, to a total combined daily intake of 200 calories, or no more than 10 percent of daily caloric intake.
Exercise, Outdoors, and Sleep: Click on the following links to review daily exercise, sunshine, and fresh air and beneficial sleep recommendations.
Cuisine Variety: Click on the following breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert and snack ideas to help you add enjoyable variety to your cuisine.
Healing Gifts: Attaining maximum vitality is not just about eating, exercising, and sleeping smartly. A complete renewal of the body can also occur as a gift of the spirit. Read about healing gifts here.
Weakness to Strength: Make alive the process for having weak things made strong by first printing and then studying and using the following free guide and journal during the challenge (see Booklet and Journal Here). Share this challenge with others and invite them to join you in 2013.
Read Original Fast Foods: Read and study Original Fast Foods and enjoy the many support resources found on this site. Be sure to sign-up as a member of the site if you wish to enjoy a more extensive and helpful use of our video library, recipes, and discussion forums, and if you wish to post questions and receive answers. To view other helpful links, click here.
Share This Challenge with Those You Care About!