Original Fast Foods

Home of the Food Bowl Solution!

I was told that a cup of sprouted wheat supplies all the necessary nutrients for an adult for a day. Do you know whether this is true?

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wish that were true, but it is an unfound myth. One cup of sprouted wheat supplies only 214 calories of energy production, and lacks an adequate volume of almost every known essential nutrient. It does offer many vitamins, minerals, and other vital nutrients, but even if you were to eat 10 cups of sprouted wheat per day, which is more than 2000 calories worth of wheat, it would lack adequate B-12, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin K, and calcium, not to mention many important phyto-nutrients and essential fats. On the positive side, it could keep a person alive for an extended period of time, but certain vital nutritional reserves would diminish continually unless it could be supplemented with adequate intake of fruits, vegetables, legumes, and some nuts, sunshine or mushrooms, and seeds. Even then, if a person does not include some intake of animal-based foods and some adequate source of vitamin D, then they would want to supplement with an all-around vitamin pill or some other adequate method. Why? Because vitamin D is an up-regulator for 100s of metabolic processes, and inadequate vitamin B-12  leads to heart disease, among other things. The immune system would be sorely compromised as well.

Interesting. Thanks! :-) Are milk and butter animal based foods?

Yes, milk and butter are considered animal-based foods, and they provide adequate sources of much of what is lacking in wheat alone. Colleen and I used to live on a farm and raised goats that produced exceptional milk. By the way, the nutritional information that I shared with you is based upon the USDA foods database that has been complied from the work of food scientists who have tested the nutrient profiles of thousands of different foods, including sprouted wheat. Does that mean they know precisely what every nutrient is that is in wheat? No, because there are thousands of micro-nutrients being discovered annually, but testing for primary minerals, vitamins, essential fats, and proteins is a standard process now. Therefore, for at least a limited number of known essential nutrients I trust their information far better than opinion, of course unless its the Lord's opinion:)

Yes, of course. :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Forum

Healthful Drinks

Fun and healthful ways to hydrate.

25 discussions

Raw Food Bowls

Quick and Easy All Raw Dishes

16 discussions

Cooked Food Bowls

Share your favorite cooked food bowl dishes.

18 discussions

Cooked and Raw Bowls

13 discussions

Videos

• Add Videos

Latest Activity

Julia Hockner updated their profile
Sep 28
Profile IconJulia Hockner and Hilary McDaniel joined Original Fast Foods
Sep 26
Profile IconNorma J Centner, Jen C, Dariece H Radford and 1 more joined Original Fast Foods
Sep 20
Norma J Centner shared James Simmons's video on Facebook
Aug 16

Events

¬© 2021   Created by James Simmons.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service