In Weight-Loss Tips 1, 2, and 3 you learned that consuming 1200 to 1500 calories of fruits, vegetables, grains, and legumes enables you to burn fat instead of muscle, it provides sufficient volume to fill up your stomach and satisfy you throughout the day, and will easily sustain your vital nutritional reserves enabling you to meet all cellular needs and to easily sustain weight loss as long as is required to achieve ideal body weight--without encountering plateaus and hunger that are induced by depleting vital nutritional reserves.

Tip 4 is an extension of tips 1, 2 and 3 and is written to provide an example of how easily fruits, vegetables, grains, and legumes meet your vital nutritional needs with just 1200 calories per day. Observe the extraordinary nutrient intake 1200 calories offers as you eliminate the sweeteners, oil and other overt fats, and all refined and processed foods--to maximize nutritional inputs with just 1200 calories. Remember, as you develop the habit of maximizing the use of the first 1200 calories you eat each day, you are laying a sustainable foundation to carry with you for life. 

The following 1205 calories of food exceeds USDA recommended daily allowances for maintaining vital nutritional reserves: 

Breakfast
  • Water: 20 oz
  • Fruited Salad: 8 oz Romaine lettuce topped 8 oz strawberries and 1 cup cantaloupe
  • 1 cup cooked oatmeal
Lunch
  • Water: 20 oz
  • Satiating Salad: 8 oz Romaine lettuce topped with 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup frozen green peas, 1 diced cucumber, and 1 large cubed tomato
  • 8 oz Steamed Broccoli
  • 1 orange
Dinner
  • Water: 20 oz
  • Awesome Stir Fry: 1 large tomato (cubed), 6 oz cabbage (chopped), 2 cups green beans, 1 medium sweet red pepper (diced), 1 carrot (diced), 1 small onion (diced), and 3 oz Salmon (flaked into stir fry)
  • 8 oz steamed spinach
  • 1 large orange
Recommended Daily Allowances (RDAs) Achieved:
  • 103% Protein,
  • 236% Fiber,
  • 125% Water (this is accomplished without even drinking water),
  • 1282% Vitamin A,
  • 208% Thiamin,
  • 164% Riboflavin,
  • 145% Niacin,
  • 175% Vitamin B-6,
  • 857% Total Folate,
  • 17106% Vitamin C,
  • 128% Vitamin E,
  • 129% Calcium,
  • 238% Iron,
  • 209% Magnesium,
  • 177% Phosphorus,
  • 117% Selenium,
  • 100% Sodium, and
  • *70% Zinc.

According to the USDA, achieving 60% in any nutritional category above meets RDAs; anything higher than 60% is considered bonus. If you are an average size American, then after you achieve your ideal body weight, you will be able to add another 800 calories per day to this plan and you will achieve even greater nutritional inputs. 

As you consider the values above, it should become clear to you why vital reserves are easily maintained with fruits, vegetables, grains, and legumes during weight loss and why weight-loss plateaus are so easily overcome. With the above example, nutritional reserves remain high, as long as it takes to achieve ideal body weight. This is just one example of an infinite number of ways to successfully meet your caloric and nutritional needs while losing weight. If you take the time to prepare this example for a day, you will become convinced that the volume of food eaten will more than satisfy you as you lose weight. You may even struggle to eat so much food. Enjoy!

Also, enjoy our show-me-how meal-plan videos for examples of how to eat as described as above.

Please leave your questions and comments below; if this tip was helpful for you, then  use the share buttons below to share it with someone else who may also benefit.

To Your Best Health!

Jim and Colleen Simmons

Views: 75

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have really, really enjoyed your videos. It has helped me eat way better. I had been praying for some help with losing weight so that I can have another baby without gestational diabetes.
The Lord told me in a blessing that I don't need to lose a specific amount of weight as much as I just need to eat better and to have an eating lifestyle change.

We never really ate really bad because I am from Poland and I was raised on organic veggies as a child, but when we came to America it was too easy. Cheese on some days was a large part of out diet. I read the section on cheese in your book. And I am sad to say that my baby son 2yr old was addicted to cheese. We are getting the veggies back into our diet now.

I have a question about your post. 3 oz Salmon (flaked into stir fry)
Where do you buy that? I live in Lindon, but closer to Orem stores.
And what kind of Salmon is it? Fresh or canned or something else?

Kinga
Periodically, I include animal-based foods in this example to show how much can be included without causing the typical 4000+ food-related diseases which are linked to the overconsumption of animal-based foods.

Ask any Grocery Store or Costco for fresh Wild Atlantic Salmon. If they don't have it, they can order it.
You didn't say what you used to stir fry all those wonderful ingredients. Olive oil? or?
Just a little water mixed with Braggs Liquid Aminos, and Cayene Pepper. Once the vegetables are just right, I add a little sweetener of choice; then I move some vegetables aside so I can see the water in the bottom of the pan and I add some ultra gel to thicken it. The water turns pinkish because of the sweet red peppers and looks like a $100 specialty glaze and taste like it too. I add no fat (oil) but enjoy a stir-fry that is fit for Kings. It is so good!
doesnt the 20oz of water dilute stomach acids too much?
Good question; this is a common belief, but significant studies on this subject prove otherwise and demonstrate that this practice is very important on many levels, not the least of which is it will help you attain satiation before breaking a stay-slim caloric budget. This is a great practice that should be encouraged. Again, thank you for bringing up a concern that prevents a lot of people from doing something good, helpful, and natural. Jim
Where can I find Braggs Liquid Aminos and Ultra Gel? I live in California.
Braggs Liquid Aminos is distributed nationwide and is available at many grocery stores and most all health-food stores. I'm unsure of distribution of Ultra Gel, although you can go to the following website of the manufacturer to order it or to look up distribution outlets: http://www.carnetfoods.com/
You can use cornstarch or even tapiocca flour; you can also go to the above link and order Ultra Gel directly.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Forum

Healthful Drinks

Fun and healthful ways to hydrate.

25 discussions

Raw Food Bowls

Quick and Easy All Raw Dishes

16 discussions

Cooked Food Bowls

Share your favorite cooked food bowl dishes.

18 discussions

Cooked and Raw Bowls

13 discussions

Videos

• Add Videos

Latest Activity

Narda Person updated their profile
Jun 21
Profile IconKayla Smith, Christina Florand, Anne marie Brown and 6 more joined Original Fast Foods
May 2
Profile IconRay W Graham and Christy joined Original Fast Foods
Dec 10, 2021
Profile IconWendy Allred and Vezzani joined Original Fast Foods
Oct 29, 2021

Events

© 2022   Created by James Simmons.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service