Herein lies the key to faith that enables all things that God promises or asks of us to become possible to us. The intelligence that governs the growth of a mustard seed fully recognizes God's characteristics, attributes, and perfections and therefore trusts God perfectly and acts accordingly, with certitude, assurance, exactness and without changing. It simply does what God has asked of it. Things that not possible to us are so only because we don't proceed with the faith, certitude, and exactness of the mustard seed, according to God's patterns. Consider God's perfections and ask yourself if you can trust him in dietary matters; if you can, then seek and find the pattern of success he has given and follow it with exactness and according to His spirit within you:
• God is above all. There is no greater authority in the universe when it comes to dietary matters.
• God is merciful and kind and in spite of your weaknesses to fully trust in his perfect dietary pattern, God will never give up on you; when you are ready to exert the faith of a mustard seed; he then is ready to support you fully.
• In God there is no variableness; the dietary pattern he gave yesterday is the same as the one he gave today, and will be the one he gives tomorrow. It is up to you to come to understand that pattern and to learn how to apply it according to your unique circumstances. Ask and ye shall receive...
• God is a God of truth and cannot lie, even about diet. Into his hands you can commit your spirit and your will with great assurance and a brightness of hope knowing fully that his counsels in your behalf are perfect and without iniquity--from generation to generation.
• God is no respecter of persons; your privilege to come to know and succeed in these matters is equal to every other persons' regardless of rank, stature, wealth, and so forth. This is his unconditional guarantee. Your success absolutely matters to him.
• God is omniscient; he knows you perfectly; and, his counsels to you shall not fail.
• God is powerful and can help you to succeed where all other counsels of man are transient at best in their ability to enable sustainable success in dietary lifestyle matters.
• God is just; as you submit to his guidance, any sacrifice you make in denying yourself of unhealthful food choices will be met with a reward that is far greater than your sacrifice.
• God's judgement is perfect; no matter how difficult the road may be for you or how much sacrifice you may have to make, he will ask nothing of you that you cannot do. Moreover, he will judge your sacrifices perfectly and you will receive a full reward for your sufferings.
• God loves you perfectly and desires only your happiness; you can proceed forward with assurance knowing that his perfect and unconditional love influences everything that will be asked of you.
When you operate according to God's pattern, no matter how big the task, you cannot fail, nor will you be left alone. As the mustard seed begins to act upon the organized matter within the seed, according to the pattern set forth by God within the DNA of the seed, It divides and multiplies until bit by bit it grows into a great tree and fowls of the air lodge in its branches singing their songs of joy, building nests, and raising their families. As it grows into a tree, certain real needs must be met in order for it to continue to multiply and grow. God does not leave it alone, but provides the sunshine, the earth, and the water to enable it to do according to the pattern given it by God. You must understand that the intelligence operating within the mustard seed is an independent agent; it does not have to act according to the pattern given; it can choose not to do so. Remember the fig tree that was cursed. It brought the curse upon itself by choosing to not act in faith according to the pattern that God had given it. by not acting in faith It forfeited the eternal progression that was otherwise available to it through simple obedience.
The mustard seed acts in faith because of its belief in God's characteristics, attributes, and perfections. God doesn't lie, doesn't ask us to do something we should not do; all he asks of us is designed for our best growth. We therefore can do as His Spirit invites us to do--with nothing doubting. We can press forward in faith with the assurance that God is mightier than all the earth and that we need only to put out best foot forward, one in front of the other and that just as the lilies of the field toil not and spin not, our lives will be adorned beautifully as we follow God's Spirit and patterns of operation in perfect obedience.
After eleven years of illness, my strength returned when assurance filled my soul regarding a pattern of operation God gave to me after many days of fasting and prayer. All I did was follow that pattern perfectly as my body regained its strength and overcame its afflictions. As you seek to understand God's dietary pattern for man, consider fully the faith of a mustard seed and apply such faith in these matters. Look to God's promises and know that he does not lie; trust what He tells you. Know that his spirit will accompany you as you proceed forward, to teach you more perfectly as you act in faith. Study prayerfully the Word of Wisdom; study from the best books. Seek, knock, ask and be diligent when it comes to the pattern He gives to you. If you ask with real intent, He will give you a perfect pattern to follow.
All My Best,
James Daniel Simmons